Fab 5: Breakfasts for Kids
You’ve heard it before and you’ll hear it again; Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It’s a great habit to start with your little ones as breakfast eaters tend to maintain healthier weights and perform better as students than non-breakfast eaters. Check out our fab five breakfasts you can enjoy with your child to start the day off right!
1. Multigrain English muffin with 2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter- natural peanut butter starts your child’s day with a protein boost and is a great source of monounsaturated fat for a healthy heart
2. Whole Grain Waffle with Strawberry Cream Cheese & Banana Slices- a fruity breakfast on-the-go that will provide fiber to keep your child satisfied until morning snack
3. Greek Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Fruit and Granola or Cereal of Your Choice- this is an eye-catching breakfast that almost looks as good as dessert! The higher protein yogurt will appease even an adult appetite
4. Low Sodium Deli Ham, Cheddar Cheese & Tomato melted on a Toasted Whole Grain English Muffin- not everyone is into the typical breakfast foods, try this alternative if your child is more of a lunch fan
5. Whole Grain Cereal with Added Fruit & Skim Milk- Sometimes you can’t go wrong with the classics- this breakfast includes three food groups to pack plenty of fiber and a good source of protein to get the day going